The Ivory Tower

This is a place for me to think out loud (or 'on paper') all things that are interesting me, and to comment on things I want to remember. Naming my blog the Ivory Tower is a joke on the popular notion that philosophy and intelligence are something beyond the common man, somehow above the 'mean' act of living as a human. Rand's refutation of this is what immediately drew me to her. Feel free to introduce yourself.

6.24.2006

Contemporary Minimalism

"One of Britain's most prestigious art galleries put a block of slate on display, topped by a small piece of wood, in the mistaken belief it was a work of art."

This bit of news from Reuters, courtesy Nicholas Provenzo at Rule of Reason, is just too precious. The Royal Academy apparently doesn't know art from a paving stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home