The Ivory Tower

This is a place for me to think out loud (or 'on paper') all things that are interesting me, and to comment on things I want to remember. Naming my blog the Ivory Tower is a joke on the popular notion that philosophy and intelligence are something beyond the common man, somehow above the 'mean' act of living as a human. Rand's refutation of this is what immediately drew me to her. Feel free to introduce yourself.

4.28.2006

Something Beautiful #4

I was just looking through my pictures of Chicago and I can't help but love America again. I can't stay mad. But I shake my finger at people who would erode the fundamental rights that make America so precious.

A look west upriver on Wabash Ave.


On Wabash Ave. just before a bridge over the Chicago River


Chicago financial district, a block or so east of Sears Tower


Sears Tower, up close and personal


Looking northeast from the Sears Tower


Looking out at Chicago from Navy Pier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home