The Ivory Tower

This is a place for me to think out loud (or 'on paper') all things that are interesting me, and to comment on things I want to remember. Naming my blog the Ivory Tower is a joke on the popular notion that philosophy and intelligence are something beyond the common man, somehow above the 'mean' act of living as a human. Rand's refutation of this is what immediately drew me to her. Feel free to introduce yourself.

4.04.2006

Something Beautiful #2

The Violinist by Norman Rockwell [1923]

This man has the most gorgeous hands. The obvious strength of his hand holding the violin contrasts wonderfully with the delicate instrument and his manicured appearance.


The Violinist [detail]

There's somewhat of a story behind my fascination with this particular violinist's hands, but it's not appropriate for polite company. ;-)

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love this post.

:)

 
At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:58:00 PM, Blogger Amanda Carlson said...

Thankee! ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home