The Ivory Tower

This is a place for me to think out loud (or 'on paper') all things that are interesting me, and to comment on things I want to remember. Naming my blog the Ivory Tower is a joke on the popular notion that philosophy and intelligence are something beyond the common man, somehow above the 'mean' act of living as a human. Rand's refutation of this is what immediately drew me to her. Feel free to introduce yourself.

4.25.2006

The Funniest Thing on the Web Today

Duking it Out with Iran by Jason Roth
There are still Republicans who seem to think there are underground student groups in Iran with the ability to overturn their government. Who exactly are these superheroes and how can I meet one? Is there some kind of Hall of Justice, or are they more like X-Men, like underground guardians, biding their time until when they're truly needed? I'm waiting for Wolverine versus Ahmadinejad. And I don't even read comic books.

Please, please, tell me that isn't the reason Bush is holding back with his football. Seriously, I have no idea what motivates our government to so tip-toe around war. Like if we just do it a little at a time then it won't be so bad.

In and of itself war is a nasty thing, you kill people, but you do it because otherwise they'd kill you. Maybe Americans can't say they're at war because they can't say what is worth war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home